PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
A few weeks ago I bought my first true meerschaum (mot Missouri Meerschaum) from a seller on Ebay. I instantly fell in love with. I had no idea they were this good. The smoke dry and cool. The pipe is light and it cleans so easily. I'm beginning to think I've wasted my money smoking briars and cobs up until now.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well you know my views on meerschaums and I only own one briar pipe for sentimental reasons! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Meerschaum loves. You might enjoy some of my other posts on these wonderful pipes.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Wait until it starts to color. You will be sucked fully into the cult of the white goddess. That being said, my love of meerschaums seems to wax in Spring/Summer and wane into Winter.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The good meerschaum is indeed a different smoking experience. If I only smoked at the house I'd probably be emulating condorlover1. I'm not one to over talk the coloring, but it does add to the experience.
I'd still keep a couple of briars in the rotation as they provide a different experience to the meers. Better experience? Maybe, but surely different and very enjoyable.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Another soul slain by the White Goddess. Resistance is futile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPq0yzyrJF0

Status
Not open for further replies.