PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I own more than a few of Trevor Talbert Pipes and not only are they all wonderful to look at they smoke fantastically. Of all that I do,own this is one that is near and dear to me because Trevor was planning on keeping it for himself but in his own words “there were bills to be paid”. He did ask how it smoked and was pleased with my answer.
You all saw the Danovic & Altinok Collaboration Morta bodied Calabash and here is one by Trevor that also pushes the envelope. The bowl is Morta and capped by Masur Birch which is also used as the butt accent on the gourd portion with is rusticated Meerschaum, all in all a very striking pipe that smokes far greater than its eye candy appeals. Keeping it smokey with some Grey Haven by McClelland.

banjo
43753037275_a676b90ecf_z_d.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is a brilliant use of mixed materials, which is done with such aplomb (finally an opportunity to use that word). It requires both an accomplished artist and a lot of experience to get that to work, I think. All of the components of that pipe look like they were made to go together. What a treasure, one of many in your collection.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Trevor Talbert is among the most creative artisans working, and there's no doubt his pipes deserves their prices. I never tried buying any because I didn't want to check his website thousands of times to get the drop on a new pipe posted. Then too the prices.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Technically there is no finish on the pipe, the gourd part is Meerschaum which has been blasted and the coloration is from my smoking it just like any other Meerschaum would do.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.