PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Just an old Medico I picked up with a few more pipes years ago. Before and after pics
zOwIfX6.jpg

WmQUI3K.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice job! Years of smoking pleasure ahead. In case anyone wonders if Medico still makes a briar pipe, along with the Brylons mostly offered under their name, 4noggins is the only place where I've seen new Medico briar pipes offered. They are unsmoked, how recently manufactured I don't know. I'm always musing about who buys Brylon pipes, but I won't start that up again.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Nice pipe! Looks like it might have some nice grain on it. Enjoy it!
@mso489 - WVSmokeshop carries a variety of current production Medico briars as well as the brylon variety.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
Nice restoration! I am new to this, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.
Did you strip the finish and restain the pipe? If not, how did you get rid of the grime around the rim of the bowl?
I'm working on a similar pipe at the moment (my first restoration) and it looked very similar to yours in that there was a lot of grime around the edge of the bowl. I very carefully used some Murphy's soap and Q-tips to clean it, but I didn't want to be too aggressive because I hear this can remove the finish.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Looks great! I wish I was talented like that. My only refurb was a fail...

Although I prefer the look of the well smoked pipe better...

Status
Not open for further replies.