PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So with one of my favorites Yenidje Highlander disappearing off store shelves does anyone have a decent replacement?
Luckily I've stocked up a bit and won't run out for a while but I would like to find a good alternative.

Dan's Midnight Rider is like a handgrenade or horshoe width away from YH. It is a good oriental with a similar balance of latakia to orientals. Not a perfect match, but as close as I've found. Note: I never make a reccommendation or suggestion of something that I really like unless I am well stocked up on it. So...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Know the feeling. I have thirty tins of YH, or I would never have suggested it when it was still in production.

Jun 27, 2016
I'd buy some of the 2017 batch from P&C, but I'm worried that it will taste "off". I have some '16 that has improved with a little age, but still tastes a little "off". I'll actually be somewhat surprised if it develops into what my '14 tastes like, which is one of my favorite smokes, but time will tell. :puffpipe:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I haven't smoked any newer production yet but I'll eventually get around to some of the 2017 stuff. I'm hoping it's as good as what I'm smoking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.