PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
So we are down a few big names. McClellands and Dunhill and it looks like Peterson with the sale will not ship to the US anytime soon if at all. So what's the live odds on the next big name to start stocking up and cellaring NOW?

A thousand times as many people watch every little thread on this forum than actually post here. We have seen proof of this time and time again.

To merely mention a name of a company is to broadcast it across the ethos. And, even in play, to mention the name of a company that might or might not be going to go tits up, is to bang a gong announcing that the hoarders will make sure NO ONE will get a shot at the last little bit of the crumbs.

Let's hope no one is going to stop production, but if they are, lets keep our mouths shut. Otherwise we are just proverbially shooting ourself in the foot.
The McClelland debacle was pretty dumb. It would have been better to have just let the shelves naturally go blank, giving actual fans a chance to at least keep their rotation going, instead of starting a stampede of people who had never even tried the stuff.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
ok. I get it. I wasn't trying to stir the proverbial pot. Got caught with my pants down and no nightcap, I'll keep my ear to the ground. thanks... I think.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Find what you like and stock up. It's a win-win for you. If they close you have plenty to smoke and you win. If they don't you have plenty to smoke and you win.
I have come across tobaccos that I really like. I buy them in bulk or few tins here and there and stock up on tins when they go on sale. I don't stock up on stuff I wouldn't smoke in the hopes of selling it down the road.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
^ +1 spartacus. I did that with McClelland and EMP, before all this stuff even started happening. I have over 50 tins of various McC (THAT I'M NOT SELLING), and plenty of EMP, but maybe a pound of Night Cap which I like better than EMP. Seems like the ones I like are the recent victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.