PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I recently blended some McClellands 5100, PS 311 Perique, and some Five Brothers. Equal proportions. Sure does render an ample Vitamin N supply when at work and only time for a quick puff. A tin bake treatment might server to reduce the slight harshness however.
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Just got it out of the oven. Tin baking does wonders on smoothing out the harshness. 200 degrees for 1 hour is what I did. Still not as smooth as I'd like. I think its the 5Bros. I wonder if more perique would help sweeten the mix and still render it high in nic?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Had a healthy bowl of Five Brothers a day or to ago. It's so good straight up, I'm not sure I'd have the heart to mix it. Someone on Forums called it American Semois. Just be sure to drink plenty of liquids, and a big meal wouldn't hurt either.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Hawke, that sounds like a good blend for the nicotine and caffeine part of my morning!

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
It's funny you should mention this mixture; I recently blended some 5100 and Five Brothers together--roughly 50/50, no perique. Five Brothers was interesting as far as the potency, but it was a bit bland. The 5100 Red Cake is great by itself, so I left some by itself, but I've always been after some cinnamon flavored tobacco. I mixed rum, cinnamon extract, vanilla, and sprayed the mixture down until it was soaked. I then did ~20 minutes at 220 in the oven, which dried it out a bit. Then I sprayed it down again and put it in a mason jar. I'll let it age for a few months and see how it tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.