PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I'd enjoy hearing your opinions on the differences and similarities between McClelland Craftsbury Virginia Woods and McClelland BULK 5100 Red Cake if they can be compared. There is not a big difference price wise per ounce.
Since I've yet to try either this might give me something to base a future purchase on. Both being a pure straight Virginia blend, which do you prefer?

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
5100 is straight VA cake. Virginia Woods is a blend of VA's with a subtle topping. Both are great. As to which I prefer - too close to call!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks drrock! The reason I asked is because I had received a Birthday email giving me a 10% discount and I placed an order for a few tins including Virginia Woods since it is the only blend in the Craftsbury series I've yet to try.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks drrock! The reason I asked is because I had received a Birthday email giving me a 10% discount and I placed an order for a few tins including Virginia Woods since it is the only blend in the Craftsbury series I've yet to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know the other blend, but 5100 is a great smoke by itself and has infinite possibilities for mixing with

other tobaccos and blends, so you can't go wrong with that.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Ive tried 3 McClellands blends so far, have another two crack open and try. None have been near disappointing yet. These will be added to my wishlist.
Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.