Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

McClelland Grand Orientals

(14 posts)
  1. lordnoble

lordnoble

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So for my Birthday today, my wife took me to my local B&M to get $25 worth of tobacco. Here in NY State that doesn't go very far but it did get me a tin on McClelland Grand Orientals: Classic Samsun and some more of Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture. I really like the Samsun and wondered if anyone has tried any of the other blends in this line. If so, are there any others I have to try? Thanks.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

First of all, happy birthday.

I must say that Classic Samsun is such a lovely blend. I highly recommend Drama Reserve for you because even though both Samsun and Drama are considered Orientals, each blend has its own unique side. (e.g: Drama has dark chocolate flavor..)

However, I still have to smoke a few more bowls of that guy to dig more out of it.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. smokenscotch

smokenscotch

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't but Happy Birthday!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. vegasblue

vegasblue

Login to Send PM

Black sea sokhum is good, I also like the katerini but every now and then i taste a hint of some kind of kitchen spice. I have a tin of smyrna No.1 that I'm looking forward to. I hope to try the rest of the series soon.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. loborx

loborx

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy birthday! Dunhill Elizabethan? Has this 'baccy been rebooted or is it some of the old stuff? One of the all time classic VaPers. Jealous!

Phil
    Beguiled by the exquisite Arcadia, the days and the years passed from me in delicate rings of smoke,
    and I contentedly watched them sailing to the skies. - J.M. Barrie
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. jcsnaps

jcsnaps

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Birthday Jason. I just ordered 4 of the Grand Orientals from Pipes and Cigars. I like the Yendije Supreme, and looking to try Drama Reserve, Katerini Classic, Smyrna no 1, and Yenice Agonya. Should be here tomorrow.

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Birthday, Jason! I can't recommend anything since I haven't tried any in that line.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. mluyckx

BelgianTex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy birthday !

You're not helping my TAD btw...

I've never tried any of the series, but my Belgian contact who's helping me expand my Hilson collection loves the Classic Samsun. Considering it's so expensive over there I promised him a tin. So that, combined with the PAD for a St.Patrick's day Pete is really making my hand itch to click the "add to cart" buttons. I now want to try the Classic Samsun in a new Pete...

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 7 years ago #
  9. lordnoble

lordnoble

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the suggestions! My TAD list just grew exponentially.

loborx - This particular B&M has some OOP blends and the also have a bunch of Dunhill blends in bulk.

-Jason

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jason. buy the whole line... 5 tins of each, they're all simply phenominal.

In a society that has destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. kcvet67

kcvet67

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Birthday, Jason!
    I also recommend the whole line of Grand Orientals, they're all great.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    Posted 7 years ago #
  12. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Birthday mate and congrats on the baccy, enjoy

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  13. romeowood

romeowood

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Grand Orientals = truth in advertising--they're all quite intriguing blends, wonderful smokes.
    Any more of that Elizabethan Mixture? I've been trying to get my paws on some for a while, and actually mis-bid (typed the wrong item number) on a recent eBay auction--I won the wrong tin and ended up with Dorisco Mixture from Fox; it's a great blend but not what I intended.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Happy Birthday! And yes I have tried the Smyrna No. 1 and its a blend I would recommend!

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   newportpipe, danimalia, agnosticpipe, docrameous, cowboythunder, jiminks, armonts