PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
My understanding this is a cigar blend. Who's tried it. Liked it? I bought a 100 gm. tin of it plus others listed. eBay has been good lately!
McClelland #22 Virginia

McClelland Royal Cajun (Ebony)

Dunhill Light Flake

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I have most of a 50 gram left. It's alright. I love a good cigar, but to me this tobacco just left me wanting more. Very one dimensional, and not a whole lot going on IMO. I'm gonna let it sit a couple more years. It's got about 4 years on it now. 2-3 more and I'll break it out and see what I think.

B

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like a good cigar on occasion, but I crave a different experience with a pipe, which overall I prefer.

Jul 15, 2011
I snagged a tin of this online that, when I got it, was dated from 2003! Its probably going to be one of the next tins that I pop open. I have heard that it is pretty light but Ill be sure and post some opinions when I crack it open.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I love the Maduro Glory, never tried the regular stuff. It's not really a cigar blend in my opinion, just a really good Va blend. It's one of my favorite Va's for sure (the maduro). I find it really nice and tangy. If you want a cigar blend in my opinion, C&D's billy budd is like a cigar.

grumpynuts

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Omaha
I concur with this being bland. I love cigars, I love pipes, but this one did not stir my nads. If someone were curious about it I wouldn't steer them away from it. I found it, as previously stated, very one-dimensional.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Happened across this thread while reviewing tobaccos. Reminded me of a gent I worked with in a boiler factory some fifty years ago. He smoked a pipe, well, sort of. He would take a cigar, stuff it into his pipe, cut off the excess and smoke his pipe loaded with the cigar. Interesting concept. Took most of the work out of loading the pipe.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I've tried the Maduro blend. Can't say it tastes much like a cigar, though - mostly Virginias. I mixed it with some Bob's Chocolate Flake (mixing two blends I didn't much care for) and found it to be a better smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.