PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
Highly Recommend
After smoking a 1/2 lb of this in various different pipes, I thought I would give a review.
Smoking Pipes accurately describes the tobacco as such.
This light, soft sweet cake is designed to appeal to many smokers of Matured Virginias who have been unable to endure aromatics but who would prefer a tobacco that smells sweeter in the room, as well as smokers of traditional aromatic cavendishes that would like a cooler dryer smoking tobacco.
It is an excellent smoke for those who prefer Virginias over Burleys, and who enjoy a mild topping and a nice room note. It has a nice maple like flavor. I would not call it a full blown aromatic. However, neither is it a "Full Virginia Flake" For those who "do not usually smoke aros..." you may just want to stay away.
Tin note: It smells somewhat sweet, but certainly not over powering like Molte Dolce, or Odyssey. It simply has a nice light sweet fragrance to it. It's not too wet, but a little drying out makes it easier to pack.
Packing: I find it somewhat difficult to pack. It's not a ribbon or a flake, it's a cake. I had many trial and error bowels with this. I like to dry it out a bit, and then try to break it up in my fingers as I pack the bowl.
It's nicotine content is mild to medium. More than a Lane 1Q, much less than 1792 flake. The first 1/4 of the bowl can be little light on smoke, and a very little bitey on the tongue. But this soon dissipates, and therafter the tobacco burns nice all of the way to the bottom. Because its made from Virginia tobacco, you feel it on your tongue, in a good way. If you like PS Luxury twist flake, you will like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.