McClelland 401 - Darkest Caramel Has A Lakeland Taste?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I decided to get a few ounces of McClelland's 401 - Darkest Caramel thrown into my latest SP.com order and loaded up a bowl yesterday. I swear from the first puff until I gave up in disgust I swear I tasted that nasty soapy taste of Lakeland.
Is it me? Do my taste buds deceive me? Does my brain think the caramel taste is Lakeland? Did the tobacco some how become tainted? It's not my pipe being ghosted as I refuse to smoke any Lakeland blends. I tried one once in a cob I reserved just for that blend so I didn't ghost any of my other pipes.
I think I need to give that pipe a thorough cleaning and try the blend in a cob.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I've got some, I hadn't noticed it - it looks like black cavendish they added the caramel flavoring to, but... I haven't smoked it in a while I'll have to pull out the jar and try again in a meer. Maybe they put some honey in it which could have some sort of lakeland taste, but I never got that soapy crap cause I too can't stand lakelands.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
There are tons of tobacco blends out there that we never hear anyone talk about. And, I just assume that no one talks about them because they suck. Sometimes, I will find one that tickles a new spot on my palate. But, then after a short while I drop it and turn back to a tried and true.
That's why every time I put in an order with SP.com I insist on trying a different McClelland bulk that I haven't tried before. I've found a few home runs but certainly several duds. Eventually I will try them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.