Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
PAD has been so strong these past two months that now I am buying pipes out of curiosity.
I have truly acquired some really nice ones these past few months.
Last night I couldn't sleep. I pinched a nerve in my neck and I am on all sorts of pain meds... (I don't even drink) so the meds really knocked me for a loop.
I came across this pipe on ebay called a VOLKAN... from Italy... there were about 10 of them on ebay with 100-$400 BINs... but three were up for bids... and NO ONE bid on them, (which I should have perhaps taken as a warning), but they looked good. I couldn't find any horrible info on them here... or on the internet - so, I took the plunge and for $15 + $15 shipping from Italy.
Beautiful grain. Hand cut Acrylic stem. Supposedly it was handmade by some esteemed master pipe maker from Denmark...

Reactions: anotherbob

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
From pipedia,
Markus Nielsen 23 Oct 1949, is a danish pipemaker. He worked in the past for Larsen Copenghen and other for other danish pipemaker, now he works alone in Denmark and in Italy (Sicilia). The productions is very limited, approx 150 pcs year. The pipes are marked VOLKAN and are distributed by Alberto Paronelli.
see also,
http://www.prestigepipe.com/epages/87819.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/87819/Categories/Volkan

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Those look really nice (which one did you buy?). Good prices, too. I believe Alberto Paronelli is a member here.

sthaddix

Lurker
Oct 28, 2018
PAD has been so strong these past two months that now I am buying pipes out of curiosity.
I have truly acquired some really nice ones these past few months.
Last night I couldn't sleep. I pinched a nerve in my neck and I am on all sorts of pain meds... (I don't even drink) so the meds really knocked me for a loop.
I came across this pipe on ebay called a VOLKAN... from Italy... there were about 10 of them on ebay with 100-$400 BINs... but three were up for bids... and NO ONE bid on them, (which I should have perhaps taken as a warning), but they looked good. I couldn't find any horrible info on them here... or on the internet - so, I took the plunge and for $15 + $15 shipping from Italy.
Beautiful grain. Hand cut Acrylic stem. Supposedly it was handmade by some esteemed master pipe maker from Denmark...
Do you mind sharing your feelings about the Volkan after a few years now? I bought one myself recently on eBay and while it hasn’t yet arrived, it looks beautiful so I’m hoping they smoke as nice as they look. Much appreciated.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Do you mind sharing your feelings about the Volkan after a few years now? I bought one myself recently on eBay and while it hasn’t yet arrived, it looks beautiful so I’m hoping they smoke as nice as they look. Much appreciated.

It's funny you say that because I'm waiting on a new Volkan morta pipe which will hopefully come today or tomorrow.
They sound like they are quality as they are a sub/side brand of Paronelli who have a great reputation.
Anyway I'll post pics when it finally arrives.

Chris.

Reactions: sthaddix

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I can't remember if it was last tango or someone else on the forum about 6 months ago asking about a VOLCAN and they ended up selling it. But for a $100 it is probably worth a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.