May 2016 Cartoon Caption Winners are in!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last Friday, The UPS driver wouldn't leave the package with my sales clerk, but they left a postcard. Apparently, the package required my ID and signature, but I have been working from home and thought that UPS would leave the package at my shop with whoever was working, as they do all of my deliveries.

8280668D-7615-4CC4-A67F-6FE718DC9984_zps9gkfrgmf.jpg

So, I drive an hour away to the UPS CENTER, which is in the ghettos of Birmingham. Of all the prizes, I wanted that t-shirt from C&D. So, traffic and the occasional drive by shooting be damned, I drove up there to be there when they opened this morning. The postcard said that I'd have till Friday, but I wanted to get it right away. Besides, I had been thinking about it all weekend, and they were closed Sat and Sun. I had to keep leaving little notes to remind my Alzheimers-encroaching-self.
So, the lady at the counter of UPS takes the card, and tells me that the package was returned on Friday. They left the card on the very day they sent the package back. I was baffled. She gave me a print out of the number of the shipper, so that I could get it resent. The lady didn't want to give me back the card that proved they had snafu'd me, and I had to snag it back from her, ha ha.
I called Laudisi, which was the same number you call to order stuff from Smokingpipes. The lady said that she would make a note for someone, but she had no idea what the PipesMagazine contest was. She also wasn't sure who to contact. I don't hold any hard feelings. It all was for free. I was looking forward to posting pictures of my score, especially the shirt. I already have a MacBarens, Sutliff, and Savinelli shirt. C&D and McClellands is on my radar. This was all clearly UPS's error.
Maybe they'll resend it, and maybe... Anyways, UPS can suck my bigtoe, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.