Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
MSO489 wrote:
I like them both, but they're two different "moods."
Being somewhat of a moody bastard, I catch myself matching blends to moods. Five Brothers is the most carefree, when I want to be running through open fields and smelling grass and sun-warmed earth. Semois is my contemplative work tobacco, when something needs digging out and revealing. Old Joe Krantz is a great "determination tobacco" for those seemingly insoluble problems or stubbornly adverse days.
Anyone else have this habit?

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I only keep 4-5 blends in my rotation (one English, one VaPer, one aro, and Royal Yacht which to me is in a class by itself regardless of how it's described in the adverts). I seem to know exactly which one I want to smoke in each instance, and have never contemplated why.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Not so much in moods as you describe Dman, except for one time... when I'm "in the mood" for bedtime TV and sleep, I like a certain kind of nicotine effect. Condor delivers that and a few others. But Condor seems to always hit the spot for that time.
Other than that I'm just "in the mood" for something sweet, like an aged Virginia, or "in the mood" for some grassy pure hay taste of Luxury Twist by PS. Then after a spell with those I am "in the mood" for a good ole smokey latakia blend.
I seem to always be "in the mood" for a nicotine smile which best comes when I get away from everything and sit with mother nature and just smoke. Just smoke, nothing else, just smoke.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Interesting. The moods are not so much emotional as flavor-based. I get that too.
Although I think my everything mood is Royal Yacht and Old Joe Krantz!

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I'm in the "taste mood" group, not the "emotion mood" group.
I also have "Vitamin N" moods, where I'm in the mood for more or less nic. I keep a pouch of 5 bros in my toolbox at work for those days when I feel like exploding and really need the extra nic. I also like a nic-heavy blend after dinner. Other times, I just want to indulge my tastbuds and don't necessarily want too much nicotine.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I haven't been smoking pipe long enough to know an answer to the question yet but im sure it will be more situational than a mood thing, eg. one blend for reading, another for fishing, watching a movie etc.

Mood is such an odd word. "I'm in a bad mood." "I'm in the mood for love." "He is a moody SOB." Mood music. Mood food. I definitely have to be in the mood for a certain kind of music. I don't want bluegrass playing when I am wooing my Mrs. Cosmic, and I don't want a ballad playing when I am late to something and stuck in traffic. But, French Basa Nova is great for wooing the Mrs when late to something and stuck in traffic. Ha.
And, while I have to be in a mood for latkia or an aromatic, perique is always great for wooing in traffic also. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.