PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Stumbled across this one on reddit - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxDEUuke3wz9emRuZFZtWWwwazA/edit?pli=1

The link is to the power point template so you can use yourselves. It's missing a date on the lables though.
6c4teUZ.jpg

Now what I've suggested is that we're going to incorporate a similar label like this into thepipetool.com and do a mail-merge with all your cellared tobacco or open tobacco for that matter.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I just use Avery Labels with the name and date of the blend along with a "smoking pipe". What size labels do you need to print those???

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice! I've been using a Sharpie marker and/or Avery labels... This looks much better.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I use "Word" to put the brand and name of the blend in a box, leaving enough white space to add dates, print them out and cut them from the sheet. when I need one, I use a sharpie to add the date and use Scotch Tape to stick them on the jar ... quick, easy, inexpensive ...

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
You can always pickup a can of spray adhesive from Lowes or Home Depot. I keep messing around in Photoshop, over thinking things as always. Plan on using a tamper proof tape with gray market software I'm playing around with my son as a school project. Please someone just shoot me in the head!
Craig

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Saw this on reddit the other day, too. Really good looking labelling!
I like the use of tape and a sharpie. I like that old-school jarring type of look. But if I'm jarring some tobacco from a tin where I can remove the label easily (like the Sutliff and Frog Morton tins), I'll just take the label off, cut the tin art off, and tape that onto the jar lid.

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
Avery address labels here. Wife writes out the information and date so its actually legible! :lol:
I like the powerpoint idea. Wonder if I could incorporate the tin graphics into them... hrmm

redheadedsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
Iowa
I downloaded these to give them a try. Drove me nuts having to tape them to the lids, so I went back, reworked them a bit on a different PowerPoint slide. I managed to make them usable with the Avery 'Internet Mailing Labels' and even fit six per sticky, total of 12 per page (for a total of 360 labels per package of 30 stickers). I use the smaller jelly-style jars that only require the second page's size of labels. I haven't fiddled with the larger size to see what I can finagle.
So, if you're wanting something adhesive without having to use tape, it is doable and relatively easy...certainly sated my OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.