Pipes Magazine » Pipes Magazine Radio Show

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Marty Pulvers is in Da House! Feb 7th Show

(18 posts)
  1. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

If any of you have ever met Marty Pulvers, or talked to him for a few minutes, you already know this is going to be an interesting and definitely entertaining interview.

In my New Jersey home state vernacular - Marty is a Pisser.

Brain will also have a segment on tobacco & spirits pairings, and it's going to be an excellent show.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bought a beautiful pipe from Marty. Arrived in a wonderful presentation with a nice hand-written note. The blog he writes on his site is great and, yes, your description is apt!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've bought several pipes from Marty over the last couple of years. He's always great to chat with during the email exchanges when completing transactions. He's a fellow Bay Area piper, which is nice. I used to work about two blocks straight down the street from his store in the city. I would pass it all the time, but, as I've mentioned to him several times, I was not a pipe smoker at the time and, while curious about the place, never went in.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

5. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Let's get it started!

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just left feedback on the show on iTunes (very important in the effort to spread the word about the awesome world about pipes and pipe tobacco!!!!!!)

Spectacular show Brian.

@Marty pulvers
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you're a helluva guy. I like the way you think and talk. And i agree, if you're not a gentlemen you can get the hell out.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'll look forward to this interview! How does one go about leaving feedback?

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I started up iTunes on the computer and went to the store section and seached for pipes and clicked on podcasts and found pipes magazine radio show podcast and left some feedback.

A few steps, but pretty simple.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Marty's a good guy. He jokes around a lot, but he has a heart of gold and I am absolutely certain that he's forgotten more about this hobby that most of us will ever know. And he knows everybody that is anybody in pipes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

It was a great show.

The rant at the end was an inside joke. I frequently post photos of sunsets and food on my personal Facebook, and Brian was teasing me about it. He likes to make friendly jibes at Greg Pease and I. Did you hear him say that it took me 14 takes for my voice-over? It took 2 takes.

Did you ever notice how the Saturday Night Live cast occasionally made fun of Lorne Michaels? Same here. It's all in fun.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just "thirding" that on Marty being a good guy. I've bought two pipes from him and he always drops in a nice little hand written note. We've had some nice email conversations about things other then pipes.

Can't wait to listen to the show. It's my Friday lunch time ritual.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great show, one of the best yet! I like that Brian seems to have dropped the little audio clips that used to be interspersed throughout the show as a joke or to make a point. Too often, they seemed to break up the flow. It really seems to be hitting its stride recently. I’m glad Marty will be back at some point. I could have listened to that interview for hours.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 brewshooter

When the interview was over I was thinking to myself.... This should really be 2 hours long.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like that Brian seems to have dropped the little audio clips that used to be interspersed throughout the show as a joke or to make a point

You must have missed the "Back to the Future III" insert.

I'm not a fan of them either, but I'm learning to put up with them and just accept the show for what it is. (I still don't get that "Cowboy, Cowboy" thing, though. And it would be great if Cup o' Joes could come up with more than $5 to spend on their ad. That "your thumb is as long as your nose" thing is pitiful.)

Bob

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There are still some inserts I think, maybe they're just incorporated better. In the first few episodes they seemed to come out of nowhere.

Also, I was tempted to take a nice picture of the sun going down over my crappy garage and maybe have an egg salad sandwich on a plate in the foreground and send it in to the show!

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

I was tempted to take a nice picture of the sun going down over my crappy garage and maybe have an egg salad sandwich on a plate in the foreground and send it in to the show!

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't care what Brian says, I enjoyed the photo of twinkies and scotch? Red wine? Twinkies and something. lol

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. kayak

kayak

Login to Send PM

Listened to my show on my drive back home Friday afternoon. Great ti hear that Brian is a fellow Woodford drinker.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   vespertillio, homeguard95, woodsroad, tbradsim1, kendodan, beefeater33, cigrmaster, buffalopat, stbruno70, okiescout, mike73, sirbogglesworth, smokeybear, derfatdutchman, lonestar, briarfriar, darwin, yohanan, jiminks, derfargin, ericthered