Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If any of you have ever met Marty Pulvers, or talked to him for a few minutes, you already know this is going to be an interesting and definitely entertaining interview.
In my New Jersey home state vernacular - Marty is a Pisser.
marty-pulvers.jpg

Brain will also have a segment on tobacco & spirits pairings, and it's going to be an excellent show.
large-ad.jpg

Reactions: Ben.R.C

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Bought a beautiful pipe from Marty. Arrived in a wonderful presentation with a nice hand-written note. The blog he writes on his site is great and, yes, your description is apt!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I've bought several pipes from Marty over the last couple of years. He's always great to chat with during the email exchanges when completing transactions. He's a fellow Bay Area piper, which is nice. I used to work about two blocks straight down the street from his store in the city. I would pass it all the time, but, as I've mentioned to him several times, I was not a pipe smoker at the time and, while curious about the place, never went in.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Just left feedback on the show on iTunes (very important in the effort to spread the word about the awesome world about pipes and pipe tobacco!!!!!!)
Spectacular show Brian.
@Marty pulvers

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you're a helluva guy. I like the way you think and talk. And i agree, if you're not a gentlemen you can get the hell out. :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I started up iTunes on the computer and went to the store section and seached for pipes and clicked on podcasts and found pipes magazine radio show podcast and left some feedback.
A few steps, but pretty simple.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It was a great show.
The rant at the end was an inside joke. I frequently post photos of sunsets and food on my personal Facebook, and Brian was teasing me about it. He likes to make friendly jibes at Greg Pease and I. Did you hear him say that it took me 14 takes for my voice-over? It took 2 takes.
Did you ever notice how the Saturday Night Live cast occasionally made fun of Lorne Michaels? Same here. It's all in fun.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Just "thirding" that on Marty being a good guy. I've bought two pipes from him and he always drops in a nice little hand written note. We've had some nice email conversations about things other then pipes.
Can't wait to listen to the show. It's my Friday lunch time ritual.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Great show, one of the best yet! I like that Brian seems to have dropped the little audio clips that used to be interspersed throughout the show as a joke or to make a point. Too often, they seemed to break up the flow. It really seems to be hitting its stride recently. I’m glad Marty will be back at some point. I could have listened to that interview for hours.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
+1 brewshooter
When the interview was over I was thinking to myself.... This should really be 2 hours long. :crying:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I like that Brian seems to have dropped the little audio clips that used to be interspersed throughout the show as a joke or to make a point
You must have missed the "Back to the Future III" insert. ;)
I'm not a fan of them either, but I'm learning to put up with them and just accept the show for what it is. (I still don't get that "Cowboy, Cowboy" thing, though. And it would be great if Cup o' Joes could come up with more than $5 to spend on their ad. That "your thumb is as long as your nose" thing is pitiful.)
Bob

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
There are still some inserts I think, maybe they're just incorporated better. In the first few episodes they seemed to come out of nowhere.
Also, I was tempted to take a nice picture of the sun going down over my crappy garage and maybe have an egg salad sandwich on a plate in the foreground and send it in to the show!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I don't care what Brian says, I enjoyed the photo of twinkies and scotch? Red wine? Twinkies and something. lol

kayak

Lurker
Oct 7, 2012
Listened to my show on my drive back home Friday afternoon. Great ti hear that Brian is a fellow Woodford drinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.