PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mark's annual St. Patrick's Day blog entry, to kick off the weekend.
https://petersonpipenotes.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/84-a-visual-history-of-the-st-patricks-day-pipes-1998-2018/

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I enjoyed seeing how this line of pipes evolved over the years. I’m fairly new at this hobby so I just 2 weeks ago purchased my first Peterson, a 2018 St Patrick’s edition, a 305 version. I love it. I love the iconic shape of the 305 and the 05, too. I’ve just had one bowl in it so far, but I look forward to using the heck out of it tomorrow.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Have never bought a St. Patrick's Day pipe, though from Mark Irwin's great discussion here, can see some examples from past years I would have liked. However, in recent years the green stain choice has turned me off. Not into green pipes. On an only quasi-related note, just noticed today that the International Peterson Pipe Collector discussion forum has finally been shut down due to little activity.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
On an only quasi-related note, just noticed today that the International Peterson Pipe Collector discussion forum has finally been shut down due to little activity.
That is sad news, but not surprising. A bit of a puzzler, Peterson has to be one of the most widely collected pipe in the hobby with a history that stretches beyond most.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Al, I think the issue with the IPPC forum was that, as a specialty brand discussion forum, its focus was too narrow to net a lot of traffic. Though when it was at its peak and the founders were alive and posting regularly, Jim Lilly and Chuck Wright, it was rather lively and filed with great info. At the end, however, it was basically only 3 posters.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Al, just a thought----
Why not start another subdivision page/section for Irish Pipes?

Although I only occasionally buy pre-repbublic petes, it would be interesting to see & hear more about them from our group!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If I thought it would gain any traction, I'd suggest it to Kevin. We just don't get that much Peterson action here. Perhaps it will increase, if so, I'm sure Kevin would create a special group. We added an Italian section last year, but it just doesn't get use that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.