Mario Grandi Pre-PAD-Someone Talk Me Out of It!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I really, really need to focus on stocking the cellar before the tobacco apocalypse, but I saw this Mario Grandi on ebag and I am having a REALLY hard time not pulling the trigger.
Mario Grandi Pipe
This would cover my TAD money for the next two weeks and I really want to stock up on some Latakia blends. Someone buy it, talk me out of it, punch me in the gut, DO SOMETHING! :wink:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry man, I can't talk you out of it. That is one pretty pipe. On the other hand, at this day and age, you just cannot have enough tobacco. What a tough decision. I feel for you. I really do!

Jul 15, 2011
Sorry man, I can't talk you out of it. That is one pretty pipe. On the other hand, at this day and age, you just cannot have enough tobacco. What a tough decision. I feel for you. I really do!
......OK, that totally didn't help. :wink:
On the other hand, a Mario Grandi is my only PAD goal for the foreseeable future, so I could nab this one now and be good for a while (yeah, how many of us have said THAT before). Still havent pulled the trigger yet but its early still.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Then I won't tell you how much I am enjoying the Mario Grandi I picked up last month, that it's a wonderful smoker, and that I love everything about it; including weight, shape, finish, the acrylic stem, bowl dimensions, and how it makes me feel like a better human being.
It would likely be the wrong thing to do to share all that if you're trying NOT to buy one.
How'd I do?
-- Pat ... PAD Enabler

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Not my style, but I cannot deny that is a beauty. The tobaccapocalypse won't be here for some months, but this pipe won't be around that long - just sayin'. :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
there's a couple large Strawberry Wood pipes now (check out the blasts!)
Goodness grape-juice! That blasted strawberry freehand listed is HUGE.
It'd either put me to sleep to smoke a full bowl, or last me a whole evening....
-- Pat

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
No denying that Mario grandi pipes are beautiful but one thing you can count on is his pipes all stay looking similar so if you don't grab this one another just like it or slightly better will surely pop up later so if I were you I would either focus on the harder to get pipes for now or just keep stocking up on Baccy.
Besides 6days is a lot of time to fuss over a pipe you might go crazy lol
But if you must just bid what your willing to pay and forget it it's the best way.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I can't really say anything I just bought a Grandi myself (see here). I think you should buy it...I mean hold off...I mean't don't hold off or someone else will buy and and you will wish you bought it. I let a Chacom go because I didn't "need" it at the time. That was 6 months ago and I still scour eBay hoping a similar one will pop up again.

Jul 15, 2011
All right. Ill admit it. Im weak. I caved. I had to have it. I have absolutely 0 willpower. You're all going to judge me, and Im fine with that. Just know that you all did nothing to stop this, and I personally blame all of you.
:rofl: I kid, I kid
I did buy it, and here was my rationale: I have a pound worth of various tobaccos coming in the mail from last paychecks order. Three of those blends are new to me, so I have something to sample and try out. Also, its going to take probably 4 or 5 days to start getting the Mario Grandi broken in, so thatll take some time. On top of the generous tobacco gift that jah76 sent me, I think I can go a little longer without stocking the cellar, but I already missed out on my first Mario Grandi, I wasnt going to miss out on another one. Ill report back in when I get it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad to hear pipenovelist and thanks for the update. Very nice price and your reasoning is quite sound too if you ask me! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.