PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
So upon reflection, here's how March has gone.
Started with 2 ounces Penzance.

Then a B&M purchase of Christmas Cheer 2015 (3.5 ounces), and C&D Opening Night (2 x 2 ounces)

Then a group buy Germain Brown Flake (6 x 2 ounces)

Then an online purchase:
Semois - 3.5 ounces

Stokkebye Bullseye Flake - 24 ounce box

SG Brown #4 Twist - 8.8 ounce box
And another online purchase:
C&D Opening Night (2 x 2 ounces)

Dunhill Yacht (2 x 50 grams)

GL Pease Union Square (3 x 2 ounces)

GL Pease Sixpence (3 x 2 ounces)

GL Pease Triple Play (1 x 2 ounces)

McClelland Blackwoods Flake (2 x 3.5 ounces)

McClelland Dark Star (2 x 3.5 ounces)

McClelland 5100 (8 ounces)

SG Best Brown Flake (3 x 50 grams)
I think that's roughly 6 1/2 pounds this month. Oops.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
What about the trades from last month? Overall it's been a good start of the year for you! LOL

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
What about the trades from last month? Overall it's been a good start of the year for you! LOL

LOL - I thought about that, but because they were trades, in theory I lost as much as I gained, so I considered that a net zero. Got any more CC for me? ;)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I was there with you until the last word. If your finances can bear it, what a great month! I doubt every month will be this extreme but, you do need some time to smoke all that good stuff.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
Before switching to pipe tobacco, I spent about $500 a month on cigars. So even cellaring-up is actually cheap by comparison. I'll bet I will spend around a grand on tobacco this year, which in total is pretty cheap. Look at Canada - it's probably a grand for 20 tins. It's going to end up that way here too.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

TAD happens, as we all know. I usually do one or two big orders a year. I skipped 2014 and 2015 because I went crazy with snuff and snus. I'll be placing a big pipe tobacco order before the end of summer this year just to continue topping off what I already have cellared. I think Opening Night is the best C&D Virginia; some good choices there.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
I wasn't going to make any tobacco purchases in March. But I supposed a small 2 tin order wouldn't hurt. then P&C had free shipping. Yesterday I found myself nearing JR in N Carolina and you can't NOT stop, that would be madness.... How many more days left this month?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
When you have Semois, you have it all -- or so says a burley lover.
It is one of the greatest blends I have encountered. I recommend it also to people who like Va/Burley mixes, since it is sweeter in flavor like one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.