PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Darn you Russ Ouellette, you are killing me and my intention to slow down on TAD just a bit. Magnum Opus, as I'm sure many of you know, is outstanding. Adding this blend to White Knight and Black House, Russ jumped from "dang this guy can blend" to "one of the best" status in my mind. Not that my opinion means much but my hat is off to you Russ. I often extol balance and am forced to do so again. This is a tobacco that presents many faces throughout the bowl. It seems to reside just on the Balkan side of English blends (yeah, yeah, I know Balkan is one of those terms) and has that light smokiness and earthy scent when you crack the can. Similarly the Oriental/Turkish constituents host the party but dance with all the guests. Take a puff as you go to jot down an observation and you are already being greeted with another favorable interaction. I'm only a handful of bowls in but I can see tins of this blend becoming a large corner of my cellar. It doesn't replace BH as my favorite Balkan but it might just sit next to it. Wait... I mean this stuff is terrible, don't go buy it up in large quantities. Nothing to see here, move along.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Enabler! :lol: Thanks for the suggestion, I had been eyeing those thick flakes. I take it 10 to Midnight is a heartier English blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.