PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Best one yet! Really working hard on button and slot shaping as well as using needle files at the shank to bowl junction. Used White delrin for the tenon since the lucite is pretty translucent, but not sure how I feel about it. If I had a lathe I would have cut an integral tenon. I think the back of the bowl may have needed a bit more curve, but I wasn't able to perfect that part as I kept hitting the shank.
Anyway, I can't wait to try her out! Lemme know what to work on please! Thanks!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I think you did one hell of a job. Your best one yet. I enjoy seeing your posts and watching your level of craftsmanship expanding by leaps and bounds.
I might have to hit you up for a commish before you're out of my price range...
Congrats. Let us know how she smokes. :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's your best effort yet. We can definitely see great progress with every pipe. I really like your choice of stem too. It gives the entire piece a very elegant look. Keep up the good work.

K

klause

I think that's absolutely gorgeous - superb work - well done - made my eyes pop.
:clap:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thanks for all of the kind words!
I am not skilled enough yet in my own opinion to actually sell my pipes. However, if you would be interested in a commission please PM me so I can get an idea of the interest level. I haven't considered pricing but it may make it easier for me to continue to acquire materials to keep making pipes.
I am looking at getting a sandblaster as my next big equipment purchase. Unsure how long that will be.
Anyway, I find this a great stress reliever and very enjoyable!

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I didn't see your past works because I am rather new in this forum, but this one is a damn good work!

Since I am a hobby pipemaker too I'll make you a question - hoping you'll accept it as I'd accept any suggestion about my works -: from the pictures the bit of the stem looks a little bit thick. For me, for example, the comfortable size is around 4 mm. But if you keep it in your mouth you'll be surely able to understand if it is right for you!

P.S.

I don't have a lathe and like you I miss it!

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Very nice! I myself would like to start making. waiting on the proper funds to get the tools i need! Until then i'll envy yours!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I wish i had more thumbs, so i could give 4 thumbs up! Nice job bud, that is quite a nice looking pipe, especially for only your ninth attempt. Yes, if i were in your shoes i would acquire a sandblaster and any other necessary tools/materials to continue this endeavor, because it looks as if you have a talent for it and will only continue your ascent upwards towards the pipe making gods of legend.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
A beautiful pipe, clickklick. I really like the stem also. You are really adventuring out.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm noticing a trend here click, and I like it! You have an unusual eye for design, and your pipes are witness to that. Your designs, especially with the shank and stem connection are very interesting, almost odd and quirky, and I like that. They're not the usual designs that I see, but then, I'm not looking for them as I'm not a huge fan of some of the freehand shapes. For me a pipe has to catch my eye and make me want to smoke it to see how it smokes. I've bought a few pipes that were not typically classic shapes, and some were great for me, and others not so much, so I end up selling them. Most of what I've seen from you I'd like to smoke.
I hope you continue to make these great interesting pipes. Good work!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thank you for all of the kind words of encouragement.
Orley - I don't mind being a bit wonky :)
As a followup the bit is .14" and the button is .26" at its peak. Not sure what most hand cut stems come in at but it feels comparable to me. I plan on smoking it tonight. Pretty excited! I'll be looking at my blocks to see which one will accommodate my next pipe.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done click, that is a gorgeous pipe indeed! I've been following along and would agree that this is your best one to date...a real beauty for sure. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.