PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Over the last month we've had a good dialogue about the relative merits of Brigham pipes. Being in Canada, they are ubiquitous, but not always available in the highest grades or rarer shapes and finishes. I am a booster of the higher grade "Made in Canada" Brighams and am now able to point to my own collection for examples.
The first pipe I picked up is a 700 series Brigham Lowlander. This pipe is one which I scrounged for Samcoffeeman a few years ago, it subsequently returned to Canada when Sam passed it along to a mutual friend. After much cajoling, that friend finally sold it to me.

The second pipe is an unsmoked estate, 7 Dot Prince (729). The current 7 Dot pipes are represented by the Acadian line of pipes. I can't wait to break this one in.

I continue to suggest that estate "made in Canada" Brighams represent some of the best value for $$ in the estate market.
$0.05 in the bucket.
-- Pat

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Pat, Brigham calls shape 29 an author. Their prince is shape 13 (or 12).
I'm very happy with my Canadian-made 613. It's my go-to pipe for latakia blends.
brigham-600x513.jpg

brigham-8.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Yeah, Yaddy, I've seen that catalogue too... I just have a hard time buying 29 as an Author.
It's too long and too graceful to be an Author. But who am I to argue with the manufacturer? Heavens forfend I turn this into a cherrywood v. poker discussion.
PS - Your 613 is a stunner!
-- Pat

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very nice ... congrats! :clap:
Speaking of Canadian made ... I'm still really enjoying my Phillip Trypis pipes as well. :puffy:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Paddy:
Your Lowlander kills!
The bowl is too damned short, but the birds eye on that rim is just amazing.
Thank you for making me a fan of Canadian made Brighams and the amazing Philip Trypis. (Brigham filters are pricey, but essential, IMO.)
Obviously, it's time for another pix of your kiddo, my friend.
Post up. We want something public, friend-o. Several hear have a vested interest in your kiddo.
Fnord

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the kind words, gang. I'm chuffed with both of these pipes.
James, "Post up"? Really? Ok, I'll do one better, I'll set a screen.
Here is the reason why I've been semi-retired on the forums lately.
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/7138/1-591x600.jpg
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/7138/2-600x600.jpg
-- Pat

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I have a Brigham with a patent stamped on it. I'll try to take some pics and post...

Status
Not open for further replies.