PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Well I have been working on my British 7 day set and was not sure if Les was going to make the 3rd pipe I was wanting from him as he is not great with communication on customs. This led me to ask James Barber if they could get it made. Well Les contacted me today saying my pipe was almost complete. We got to chatting and he is also making the same pipe for James Barber that I asked if it could get made. As I am a man of my word, I will be stuck with two identical pipes and I dont need both. They are Bark 3* bent bulldogs with tapered cumberland stems. Here is one I had made before that these should be identical to. Was wondering if someone might be interested in it. Not looking to make any money. You would be purchasing it from James Barber or from me and have him send it to you as it wont be listed on the website. I will post pics of the two pipes once Les provides them. Expecting it to be between 200 and 275. If no one is interested i will pay for it and try and sell it at a later date. Not posting it in the for sale thread as its not for sale as of yet.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
"My least favorite shape, but, nonetheless, a very nice pipe."
Thats ok not everyone is perfect. We like you even if you dont have good tastes in pipes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, just been a crap day. Have actually considered asking Bruce Weaver for a natural sandblasted bulldog. Something for reading.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well hope you get the pipe of your dreams and hope the day gets better.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Beautiful pipes. But I have to agree with Chasingembers. They are not my style either. I am only attracted to pipes with stems that flow from the bowl to the tip. That rules out saddle, freehand and the diamond shapes.
I would enjoy a pipe just like any of these if the entire stem portion was round or oval. I guess the term is Rhodesian. The bend is great. Smaller pipes or nosewarmers are my preference.
Knowing what I like has helped me a lot in purchasing. I simply don't look at a pipe if it does not fall into shape I want. It also saves a lot of buyer's remorse.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.