Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I put together a fitted case for my grandfathers old Jobey Unicorn. According to pipephil.eu, Jobeys were made in England before 1987. My grandfather bought the majority of his pipes in the 1950's - 60's, so I'm guessing these are from the gold rhondelle English made era.
4HaEBg6l.jpg

ZUnxrGel.jpg

FTGwHl3l.jpg

4QbYMs4l.jpg

FX9mOp4l.jpg

FLzuUsMl.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Beautiful pipes; worthy of a fine presentation chest. :clap:
BTW, I like the rustication on the sides of the bowl. You'll appreciate that more as arthritis sets in.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Beautiful. Just saw one on EBay if you're seeking another. Hadn't seen that model until today... nifty.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What superb woodworking! What a finish! I have only one Jobey pipe, with the screw stem, which works well, unlike some of them. It also has the bright varnish and spot carving. Jobey has moved around a lot. I think they started in France, moved to England, and they moved to the U.S. for a while, then back to France. Something like that. My local independent pipe shop owner thinks mine may have been made in the U.S., though the stem says "France." Yours are beautiful pipes. Most Jobey's have some flash and style, and mine smokes well, especially aromatics. I've never been sorry I bought the Jobey and have never been tempted to trade it. It has its own special place on the rack.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I didn't mean to imply that I fabricated the box itself. I bought the box, carving foam, fabric glue, velvet, and put it together. I wish I could make wood crafts that nice.
mdfReevl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.