PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I just got some, and I have to say, I am not quite pleased with it. On my second smoke with it and I just dont like it too much.
Its absolutely smokable but just not my favorite.
Does anybody else like it? Maybe have some tips on making it taste a bit better

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
In my bulldog, I did not like it. But in my Stanwell with a small bowl smoked slowly, just barely smoldering. The sweetness and subtle flavors came out. I freaking love it in that pipe! Dont give up yet, or if you do? Send it my way! :D

mikewi

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
I was initially disappointed in the flavor, but then had a "magic" experience smoking it in a Kaywoodie dublin. Suddenly I knew what all the fuss was about. Now, I have to say that part of the problem for me at least is technique, as I haven't been able to fully repeat that experience with the same pipe. None the less, it does better in that pipe than any other I have for some reason, and is worth buying again (for me anyway).

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I've dedicated 1 pipe to it. Nothing else gets smoked out of that pipe. It's great. Didn't care too much for it the first bowl but it just got better after that.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I have a tin that I've smoked one bowl out of.
Flavor wise, it wasn't at all like I expected, and not really very good by comparison to Lane 1Q and MacBaren 7 Seas Royal.
But it's aromatic qualities are probably the best my nose has ever gotten whiff of. If you're trying to appease a tobacco hater, I highly suggest it.
But with the advice in this thread, maybe I will break in a new pipe with a few bowls of it...

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
"magic" experience smoking it in a Kaywoodie dublin.
That is the pipe I smoked it out of haha.
Ill keep trying it, just wish it was just a teeny bit sweeter, not too much, just a teeny bit

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Narrower bowl perhaps ? I like it in this BC. But it's been pretty much dedicated to vanilla Aro's since I feel they leave some flavor behind.
bc2-600x398.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I let it dry, then rub out, dry a bir more, then pack and light.Haven't had much like doing fold and stuff ... Not with the Irish flake either. :-( so I use the same method for that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.