MacBaren Coin Cut Blend with Virginia, Dark Fired and Perique?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just watched part 2 of the MacBaren factory tour in the Video Library in the Sticky Threads. In this video they are talking about a coin cut blend to be released at the 2011 Chicago Pipe Show containing Virginias wrapped around a core of dark fired and perique.
What is the name of this blend as it sounds amazing? Is it even still available, or was it a limited release?

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
Is it Stockton? I seem to recall that Stockton had some Kentucky...but can't remember if there is also Perique. It's been a number of years since I've smoked any of this

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Maybe this http://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/pipe-tobacco/66746/mac-baren-stockton/

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was looking for this purported product ever since that video came out. It never materialized at the Chicago Show that year.

I think Kevin knows what happened; but we could just email Per Jensen and ask directly.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Newminster's coins...the Superior Round Sliced #403 are purportedly whole VA leaf around dark fired KY. The whole leaf begins brightly and a tad sharp, and the dark fired is more mellow. The bowl settles into a rich, slightly sweet tobacco taste that burns dry and evenly.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I know of one MacBaren blend with Perique and that is HH Acadian Perique. I can't speak to other blends that they manufacture and give a different name. I've often wondered why they don't do a few more Perique blends. Perhaps its a more difficult leaf for them to get their hands on?

Status
Not open for further replies.