PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
I bought a small tin of the flake almost two years ago. I HATED IT! Now...this was the first flake I have ever tried to smoke. Lately I have been smoking a lot of flake tobacco. Just a few minutes ago, I reached in and decided to give this another go around.
I FOLDED the flake and packed it in a Country Gentleman. I have to say, I am really enjoying this bowl!!!!!
Maybe its that when I tried it the first time i was a very noob pipe smoker and probably smoked it too dang hard!! I am giving this thing a sip, barely enough to keep it lit and man what a reward huh!
I will definitely be buying more tins to store up in the cellar. It is just amazing to learn that you should never shrug off tobacco after only one bowl...ESPECIALLY if you are just learning! Maybe I learned something along the way that allowed me to enjoy this bowl of baccy!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bogie said
It is just amazing to learn that you should never shrug off tobacco after only one bowl.
The opposite holds true too! Being infatuated with a new blend, I immediately got online and hastily ordered a bunch of the stuff.

By the time it arrived the honeymoon was over and I had moved on. So don't buy in haste, finish the tin and then decide.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Well Cortez...I recently did that very thing lol!!!!! My problem is most of the stuff I want to try would be out of stock for a while, then i think ok I better get it while I can lol.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I really enjoy this flake. It's like smoking ice or something. It has a rich vanilla flavor. Almost like custard in a donut or something. And the feel of it when you're smoking is cool. My Barling smokes this flake perfectly. I always keep some handy.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Haven't had the flake, but I like the loose cut version and hear the flake is probably a notch better.

Plus there's something about a cob that just makes any blend I've tried seem a bit better...

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Vanilla Cream Flake is probably my favorite aromatic to smoke. Now if you want a superb berry Flake, Firedance by Sam Gawith is really good. Let me war you though with the Firedance you need to let it dry out because it is pretty damp.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Oh Gosh, I love this stuff and it's so out of character from what I normally like.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Bigboi! I have been smoking Firedance Flake for a cple years now...just ordered 8oz last week!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I enjoy it myself quite a bit. It does take some getting used to and I had similar experience my first time. I currenty have three tins jarred and one in the cellar. I smoke it at least once a week, mainly on the weekend. I like this one for my sunday night smoke on the patio with a big tankard of Earl Grey tea. I like to mix this with 4noggins Three Blind Moose. Not alot maybe a quarter of a flake for the entire bowl.

captvoodoo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Haven't had the Flake yet but I thoroughly have enjoyed the loose cut! May have to add the flake version to my next shopping list. Any tips on what type of bowl to try the flake in??

Status
Not open for further replies.