PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have had a tin of this sitting in my cellar for over a year. I had another chocolate blend that I wanted to use up before I opened this one. The tin note was pretty consistent with the description. Much more of a dark chocolate smell for me, not a whole lot of honey.
It lit well and I only had one real relight. I say real, because I tried to relight the ashes when the bowl was over. lol. Sometimes I just don't want to bowl to end. I have to say I am a weakling when it comes to vitamin N. On a full stomach and drinking some flavored water this almost knocked me on my ass.
Taste wise...I didn't get a whole lot of chocolate or honey. It was a decent smoke and something I will smoke again but not something that I just got a full flavor out of. I may need to smoke this several more times to really find the flavor. My wife didn't care much for the room note either. She felt it smelled close to cigs.
No bite. Burned fast and even. Dry right out of the tin. No extra drying necessary which I liked. I would say this is the best experience I have had with a MB blend.
I am interested to see others impressions of this blend. I didn't read reviews on this until after I smoked a bowl and the reviews are all over the place, though I do see a lot with the same impressions I have.
What's your take?

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I have had it, and will probably get one again some time. Definitely not something I would smoke very often. The tin I had I could taste the chocolate no question; tasted very dark chocolate. Didn't get any of the honey. Don't feel bad about the vitamin N it hit me too.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've had a few bowls of this blend. To me it kinda tasted like baked brownies. Not much of the honey flavor in it for me either. It did smoke fairly well though. Nice and even burn and not too hot. Didn't notice anything in the vitamin n department though. Like you said it's a good once in a while smoke, but not a blend I'd bulk up on.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Wet out of the tin and needed to go under the heat lamp for a while .... check
Dark chocolate flavour .... check
Cigarette-like room ( outdoors !!! ) note .... check
Overbearing flavoured cigarette taste and quite a bit of Nic ( surprisingly ) .... check
I smoked exactly three bowls and traded it. Quality ingredients just not for me. It did NOT bite.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Didn't care for this blend, it gave me the worst headache ever... and I didn't care for the honey in it...

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have a tin of this also. I am not a big fan. It gave me the spins one night.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I dont notice the N in this blend. I do how ever enjoy this blend very much. Has a great tin note to it. I had some sitting on my tool box at work drying for a smoke and my buddy almost took a bite of it not knowing what it really was. I think it has a decent room note too. Definitely dark chocolate. Not so much honey but a blend i really do enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.