PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The roll-out of this new Mac Baren blend was very well executed. No Apple roll-out has ever piqued my interest, but Mac Baren had me waiting with bated breath. I might even have queued outside a store for this blend. Fortunately, I just had to go to smokingpipes.com to place an order. As much as I love Old Dark Fired, Bold Kentucky sounds as if it may be better.

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
Mac Baren was kind enough to include a couple of sample tins in our shipment, buroak. I grabbed a flake on my way out of the office last night and smoked a bowl after dinner. It really is an outstanding new addition to the line. I enjoy ODF, and I don't think Bold Kentucky will knock it out of my rotation. But it will probably earn a place of its own. The basic flavors are similar to ODF, but it's amped up. It's a strong, full flavored smoke with lots of earthiness and just a touch of sweetness. Reminds me of a cup of strong Sumatra in some ways. I think this one will be a hit.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
joshuaburgess, Thanks for the comparison. I prefer to drink coffee when I smoke, and Bold Kentucky sounds like it will be an excellent complement to my brew. I am certain ODF will remain in my line-up, though. I do, after all, have a pound of the ready-rubbed version on hand.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
lordofthepiperings, I have the opposite problem. My nicotine tolerance is very high. Only a couple of blends give me any kick at all.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I'm a bit apprehensive as they said it is the strongest blend in the Mac Baren lineup and I'm a bit of a nicotine wimp.
It's not as strong as something like Happy Brown Bogie, but it definitely has a kick to it. Sorry Bradley.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I have chest hair but no tattoos. Smokingpipes.com will probably cancel my order.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Here you go:

http://www.talkingtobacco.com/2015/03/pipe-tobacco-review-mac-baren-hh-bold-kentucky/

and

https://www.facebook.com/PipesandCigars

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Never, we'll just hold on to it for you until we've been provided photographic proof of your new tattoo [:wink:]
Got it. Don't ask questions if you get a picture of what appears to be a woman's "tramp stamp". I will provide the picture as soon as I return from the local Wal-Mart.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
You guys enjoy. There won't be any competition in acquiring tins from me. I, too, am a nic wimp and Old Dark Fired puts me under the table after only a few puffs. I can't imagine anything stronger. I don't want to even smell it. That happened with Haddo's Delight and I still keep trying to smoke it because of that yummy aroma. Small bowls,after dinner, and the only smoke of the day and it still sends me spinning.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just pulled the trigger on three tins. I chew SG Black XX just for the hell of it. High nic tolerance here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
XX is good stuff! Hope Mac B's newest offering lives up to all of the noise. Love a good strong smoke with a glass of Glenfidditch. :mrgreen:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
That flake looks really good!
I like ODF, Irish Flake and strong cigars so this looks fantastic to me! :P
You guys chew Black XX?? 8O I smoke it occasionally but prefer the Brown Bogie.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I posted my review for whomever wants to check it out: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-macbaren-hh-bold-kentucky-review

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A bit disappointed as this one is likely stronger than I like but I can see this being a huge seller. Congratulations to Mac B on a well handled release.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I've never been so excited about tobacco in my life. Unfortunately, I'm almost out of ODF and so, is up next on my TAD list. I'll probably have to order two pounds this time...

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This looks like it could be one of my favorites. I ordered some, and am looking forward to the production of 100g tins. I wonder if this will ever come in bulk as do many of the other HH varieties? Mac Baren HH series is one of my all-time favorites; every one is a winner in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.