PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Ever since I moved into my new home I always see an old man riding around on his 1950's tri-cycle with a basket on the back smoking his stogies. I always thought to myself this guy is a class act and I should stop him one day and hear his story. Sure enough I was outside organizing the garage and along he came right on time with the tri-cycle and his stogie patrolling the neighborhood looking at it as if he had seen it from new to what it is today. I nodded and said lovely day and he answered beautiful day for a ride. Couldn't help but smile at his optimism. I started by introducing myself and shook his hand as he said I am Luigi.
We spoke for a good 30min about the neighborhood, what he did for a living etc very interesting man and yes the bike was purchased in 1960's at a garage sale for 10$ while he was making 50 cents an hour at the St. Lawrence market Downtown Toronto. He's been in this neighborhood for 28years wow.
I asked if he had tried pipe and if he was interested in trying it. He simply shrugged and said why not. I told him to hold one and I went I. The house and grabbed a amphora xtra pipe I recently restored and I sealed tin of Peterson Sherlock Holmes didn't want to give him a bag of loose Baccy it might throw him off lol. As I came back he smiled when I said this was his to keep and to make sure to let me know if he liked it next time he came around.
It was a great experience and I'm the lucky one to meet a smoking friend on my street with lots of great stories to tell. Thanks Luigi.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Great story Smokey and hopefully you just made a new pipe smoker.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.