PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello everyone, whilst looking on the net came across a lovely pipe by lucky pipes. Having never seen or heard of them before, I thought it a good idea to ask on here for anyone's opinion.

Cheers, Simon.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
My great fortune was discovering the University pipe from P&C. Bought one medium billiard, plan on another medium and a large. Plain, basic, no frills straight pipes. See my posts on University. Mine has already broken in after a day. And recently I've

Looked with great interest at author pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
rokstar seems to be in New Jersey and mostly carries high-end ($500+) pipes, so lucky pipes would be more in the $166 range. They look nicely crafted, but the lucky pipes site doesn't give much info, no gallery of pipes with specs. I think pipers appreciate the particulars, to get a range on what is being sold, materials on bowl and stem, and weight and measurements. I think artisans launching careers (or expanding their markets ... I don't know which in this case) do well to give information and prices up front. Otherwise people lose heart guessing or researching when other retailers are giving all the specs and the price. The pipes look good, but the beauty contest is fierce -- just look around smokingpipes.com, pipesandcigars, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.