PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
So I was in downtown today running errands and decided to stop in at a local B&M that I try to hit occasionally when I am in the area and when I walked in, lo and behold, there were two 8 oz bags of Esoterica Pembroke and And So To Bed, so I snagged them up. My questions is this, since they are still in the 8 oz bag, presumably tightly sealed inside, should these go into jars or are they going to be better off staying in the bags for now? Thanks!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nice pickups! I've always left my Esoterica blends in their bags and have never had an issue. Though I've only ever left them in the bag for a year or two before finally opening.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Aging in the original bags is preferred. No problem. Today at the Chicago show there were many (many) tables with >10 year old Esoterica blends in original bags for sale. I've never had a problem personally.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Excellent! Sounds like a good plan then. Thanks for the info! Wish I had been able to go to Chicago this year.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Squeeze them to make sure they are sealed well. In the last 6 months I've had a bag of Penzance and a bag of Margate with bad seals. It's pretty easy to smell the goodness if there is a leak.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Bad Seal

309567881_1024204.gif

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It boggles the mind the discussions had about proper tobacco storage. Just put the freaking tobacco in a jar and then you have no worries.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
A baby seal walks into a bar. The bartender says, "What'll it be?"
Baby seal says, "Not a Canadian Club, that's for damn sure!"

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Nice find !
A couple years ago I walked into a local B&M just as the owner put out some Esoterica. I scored some Penzance.
Later I found out that it all had been sold within a couple of hours. The shop owner hadn’t told anyone. Word of mouth mouth spread fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.