PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Recently bought a Luciano pipe from smokingpipes.com. I was snagged by the author shape, since I

was rewarding myself for getting paid an honorarium for a publication. The Luciano write-up on SPC

says some of the Radice family work on the Luciano pipes. They are machine made but hand finished,

and seem to seek to give an upper level experience in a mid-level pipe, and do that well. Handsome

rendition of the author shape, perfect drilling so far as I can tell, and lovely grain in the wood. Nice

balance, a little bit of heft for the size, but not overweight. Nice job, from Luciano. I'm breaking it

in slow and easy.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have a Luciano nose warmer, was a race horse out the gate, fine little smoker, you reminded me about it and I"ll smoke some Select in it tonight, they make very good pipes. The old cajun

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics_zps52de2555.gif

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks everyone, good to know - I've been eyeing Lucianos. Bradley, that is a nice looking pipe and great grain too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My other author shape pipe is a Peterson Kapet rusticated straight, with a ample bowl and nickel band, which

is a winner too, light for its size and substantial in hand. I'm too ambitious about wanting to do photos so I never

get to it, with many other projects (mostly writing) cooking along. What I would like to do is photos by

nations of origin, shape, manufacturers, bent and straight, rusticated/partially/smooth, and so on. Would

like to try available light. But all this is not likely to happen soon ... sorry.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Pictures: Just get a cell phone camera. Snap a pic. Open a free Photobucket account, download said pic and paste IMG file to this thread. And voila. Takes all of thirty seconds and couldn't be simpler.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Looking at a Luciano Prince for my next pipe purchase. Didn't feel the need to start a new thread but wanted to see if anyone that hasn't posted here has opinions on the brand or if you've already posted, if you've got any more thoughts to share before I spend around $100 for a pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.