PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I bought a tin of this back in March that was dated from November of 2013. I tried a bowl and thought it was rather odd, so jarred it up and tried again last night. This is supposed to be a medium English and it gets great reviews on TR. My tin seems to be devoid of any Orientals, very little Latakia and I'd swear it's only VA's and some burley. It tastes mostly like cigarettes. This tin is not even in the ballpark as an English. Hell, it's not even in the same city as the ballpark. If anyone is very familiar with this blend then please PM me so I can send you a sample. I'm betting it's a mislabeled tin but would like some confirmation.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo tro
What's the batch number on the bottom? I can compare yours to several of the tins that I have. Your experience does seem out of character. The LCs are tinned by C&D and the first 2 digits of the C&Ds, GLPs and Castellos signify the blend. FWIW the tin of Cooper I have open is 121409 but somewhere I have some newer tins. A puzzlement: a tin of LC Waccamaw is 121709, so that doesn't quite match up.
hp

les

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great. Cooper's the one I bought at the pipe show, but I haven't opened it yet. Hope for better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What I sampled at the pipe show didn't look this dried out and had brighter and darker leaf,

more contrast. Like this, the leaf pieces were various and some large, but it lit nicely and had

a smooth, full flavor (or I wouldn't have bought a tin).

Jul 12, 2011
Sorry to hear of troubles with the tin of Cooper. I have smoked through pnds of the

stuff , with pounds age'in away for me - sounds like you may have a bad tin

there. It has happened to me with other top-blend tins as well.
PM me your address - I will pop an aged tin ( think I have some with 2-3yrs

on them) I will have a sample smoke to confirm it is good-to-go and send

it off to you

Status
Not open for further replies.