PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Sad to say my Grandpa Jerke passed away this morning at the age of 93. He was the only Grandfather I ever knew and my first memories of pipe smoking are of my Grandfather in his younger days. He was a great man who always had a smile on his face. I can attribute my sense of humor to this man who always knew how to make a person laugh. At least I can take solace in knowing he's in a better place now.
Here he is on my wedding day 3 years ago.
JordanampJen-469_zpsefa855bf.jpg

I had a bowl of 2002 OGS in my favorite pipe in his honor. You'll be missed Grandps, you were one of a kind.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing this (and that awesome photo) with us. Sending good thoughts your way.
-- Pat

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Prayers to you and your family . Great photo ! Will smoke a bowl for you and your Grandfather ! :puffpipe:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Sorry for your loss. Always remember the good times and the laughs you shared with your grandad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My condolences, I think you have the right perspective in knowing he's resting easy now. My prayers to you and your family.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a great sense of style, well into his nineties! I think the suspenders and tie are a perfect match,

in the complementary sense. Someone once said their ambition in life was to be an old man with a

good face. Achieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.