PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Today some a**hole hit my cat Sonny Boy. We had just rescued him over the summer and brought him to the farm. He had a little arched back and a kinked tail that bobbed when he ran.

I'm not usually an emotional guy but this cat was so loyal to me. He always wanted my attention and when I went for walks with the dog, he would run to catch up with us and walk with us. A truly unique cat that I will never forget. His time with our family was too short and I can't believe he is gone.

I can forgive someone if it was an accident but he was hit awfully hard and there are people in this area who do aim for cats. I've seen other cats hit before an none this bad.

Anyone who has lost a pet to the road can relate. They are members of the family and when they are gone it is hard to say goodbye.

It may sound silly to some and no I am in no cult, but I ask that a pipe be raised for Sonny and smoked for him. I know I will.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Sorry to hear about your cat...pets become part of the family and it is a sad time for sure...next bowl for him

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
My heart goes out to you. We also have a special attachment to our pets in my home, and it is hard to lose them.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thank you all. He really did connect well with me. I've always been a cat person but I haven't had a relationship with one like this in quite some time.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very sorry to hear that...my condolences. I understand perfectly being attached to your pet, especially dogs or cats...they have a special relationship/connection with us. Hopefully he did not suffer.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I never thought I'd be a cat person but I have two now and I love them. My one, Charlie Kelly, almost died from a feline herpes infection and I lost it when I thought we were going to have to put him down. He's fine now sans an eyeball but that aching sense of loss that I felt when I thought he was going down was almost unbearable. Some may roll their eyes at this stuff (It's Just A Stupid Cat, I've heard that before) and that's fine but I take my cats very seriously and I can see that you do too.
I'm very sorry for your loss of Sonny and I will certainly raise a pipe to him tonight.

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear. My family has always been animal people, and losing one of them is always very hard.
I hate people. (Insert George Carlin quote.. "You may not know this... but I like people[..]")

When I was a kid, my grandmother told me these horror stories of when my mom and aunts were young girls.

One cat was found dead, covered in gasoline. Another poisoned by cat-food laced with rat poison, placed in the alley in a little saucer. Sick people. Just like those folks intentionally trying to hit cats, I mean... really, how big of a sack of you-know-what do you have to be?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's like having a piece of your heart ripped out. Sorry for your loss; and I'll raise a pipe to the friendship you were blessed with -- however briefly.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
One cat was found dead, covered in gasoline. Another poisoned by cat-food laced with rat poison, placed in the alley in a little saucer. Sick people. Just like those folks intentionally trying to hit cats, I mean... really, how big of a sack of you-know-what do you have to be?
I can relate. My grandmother had cats that were also poisoned, one was also covered in tar by neighborhood kids and burned. He lived thankfully.

It is sick how some people treat animals. I know that they are not as intelligent as we are, but do not tell me that they don't feel because they do and as far as emotions go it is really opinionated. I believe that animals have emotions. Why else would they act bored, upset, scared, and mad?

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
As silly as this sounds, I am going to start a giveaway (if it is allowed) on the forums in memory of Sonny. He was our first good cat in quite some time and to be honest I don't quite want to lose the memory of him. Guess I am slow at letting go, then again it is still a fresh wound.

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
We had to put one of our cats down a few weeks ago. We had them as part of our family for 10 years and it is hard. I wish the best for you and your family and I will light a pipe in memory.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I have had a similar experience with a cat I rescued, he was with us for two years and was an amazing russian blue, very loyal and got on well with our dog. Unfortunately he was an explorer and early morning was hit by a car and found him asleep on our driveway. Awful experience, I sympathise with you.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Im truly sorry for your loss, my dog really is part of our family, I cant imagine what your going through.

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I know how you feel man. We once had a cat that was run over by my math teacher....the aftermath of the accident right outside my window in the street.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Sorry for your loss. I have two dogs (sisters), that are like my children. Loosing them would be devastating for me.
:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.