PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Picked up an estate from an antique store today for $25. It is a Lorenzo Titano 8715 also stamped Ravenna under Lorenzo. Have found other pipes from the Titano series but not this one. This sucker it large! Largest briar I own. The design may be Rhodesian. Sorry I can't post a pic yet (trying to switch from Vista to Ubuntu) but I hope someone knows something about this pipe. Outside diameter of the bowl is pushing 3" and inner bowl looks around group 4. Will post pics when I can. Any info appreciated.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Okay here is a pic of the monster with a tin of Blue Mountain for scale. I have a 3 wheel Beale buffer on the way but this baby doesn't need much other than the salt and bourbon treatment. I am guessing age to be 80's? Would like input on dating this beast and information on what it sold for when it was new. Just curious about the value and I do not intend to sell.

LorenzoTitano_zps895f9ac1.jpg

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for the info. I have one other Lorenzo. It is a small freehand around group 2 size. I do not use it much at all because the bit does not agree with me. The bit on this new one is right up my alley and I see it getting a workout after a little rehabilitation.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Well big Bertha has been cleaned and sanitized. I'm giving it another hour to dry completely before giving her a try. So I have time to decide on what to smoke for her coming of age party. I am considering dedicating her to aromatics and right now it is a toss-up between the vanilla'ee goodness of Stokkebye 4th Generation 1897 (Erik Paul's Blend) and Tewksbury Hobbits Weed cherry succulence. Both are top notch baccys that burn pretty dry and neither is overpowering with candy casing. A third option is I could contaminate her for life with Nosferatu. So far I have only enjoyed Nosferatu from a meer. I think it is fair to assume it will be a tobacco that I will always keep in rotation and Nosferatu demands it's own pipe. Not even sure if Nosferatu is a true aromatic? The tin note says no but the flavour says hells ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.