PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I could be crazy and I could be mis-remembering, but I think I recall seeing a picture of a Dunhill bulldog that someone posted here. It had to have been in the past 6-8 weeks.

It seems so vivid to me because I tend to shy away from Bulldogs and Rhodesians, but this one tickled my fancy a bit.
To my memory it was a Shell Briar. A straight Bulldog of medium length with a bowl shape that was atypical. The bowl was taller and more narrow than the usual shorter and more round dog bowl. It was angular and "straight of line" instead of bulbous and fluid. The bowl had a slight forward cant, and was perched atop the shank moreso than a fluid transition.

It seems Ive seen a similar shape done by Ashton as well.
Ive been browsing all the retail sites I can think of with no luck so far. Im hoping someone can envision what Im trying to describe. Maybe you own one or know where a picture exists online.
:puffpipe: :?:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If your desired pipe is anything like the beauty that Ash posted, I have a couple. PM me if you’d like!

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
That’s VERY close to what I’m seeing in my mind.

Perhaps it is the one I’m thinking of, but then I altered it further in my imagination. Either way it helps... I’m putting together plans for a commission.
Lightmybriar, are you trying to sell me a Dunhill? :puffy:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
From 1938 About Smoke, here's shape 48.
screenshot_2018-12-25-about-smoke-an-encyclopaedia-of-smoking-alfred-dunhill-ltd-free-download-borrow-and-streaming-inter-600x482.png

:)

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I tried looking at some Dunhill catalogs online and it seems the 46 and 156 were closest to what I was looking for.
I’ve even tried drawing it out but I’m admittedly not a very good visual artist.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Quite the antithesis, Mark. The mysterious vision of a pipe I have in my brain has a taller and more narrow bowl. Hard of line, it protrudes upward from the stem in a V shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.