PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I have become a big fan of Burley Tobacco's my 2 favorites are Park-Lane Fireside which I smoke just about all day long and P.S. Cube Cut which is awesome with my morning cup of coffee. What are some other geed Burley tobaccos????? :puffy:

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I have only tried the tried and true PA, Carter Hall, etc. After the first few bowls I have found they have a chemical taste to them (at least for me) I will have to give the blends you mentioned a try.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Georgetown Tobacco (GT) has a fantastic all burley blend that is one of my favorites, GT #1261.
Its a square cut burley mix with a light chocolate topping. It starts of with a nice chocolate flavor in the top of the bowl, and by the time you get towards the bottom, the natural nuttiness of the burleys really comes out. It's a great tobacco that you can really smoke all day (I usually can't resist having at least two bowls). I've also used it 1/2 and 1/2 with it on the top and FMC on the bottom. I really like this combination and enjoy the transition from the light areo to the near-areo whiskeys flavors in FMC.
You can get 1261 from GT's website, although they recently stopped taking Mastercard :( - good thing I can still walk down there in person. Another plus, they still take orders over the phone.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
MacBaren Burley London is excellent stuff. I am also quite fond of Hearth and Home Beverwyck,which is a nod to the long-gone blends such as Country Doctor and Revelation.

I tried several of the Hearth and Home burleys last summer, and found them to be of quite high quality. You might also want to check out C&D, which is noted for their burley forward blends.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Try C&D's Big 'N Burley. If that doesn't knock your socks off, you need to check your pulse.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
My all time fave is Wessex Burley Slices. Greatness. Right now i am smoking Solani Aged Burley Flake and it is just ok. WBS is an absolute homerun IMHO!

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
May want to try Butternut Burley from P & C. (I'm no expert, though. Just a suggestion based on reviews and rave comments on here.)

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
For straight burley's one of the best will be the Solani Aged Burley Flake - Blend 656. This is my opinion at least :)

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
+1 on MacBaren Burley London

Great Baccy
I personally do like the "Golden Extra" a lot more.

Other notable mentions:
- Stokkebye 4th Generation 1931

- Solani Aged Burley Flake

- Wessex Burley Slices

- Thomas Hinds North York

- McClelland Grey Havens

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
My all time fave is Wessex Burley Slices. Greatness. Right now i am smoking Solani Aged Burley Flake and it is just ok.
That's interesting, I'm just the opposite! I like WBS well enough, but Aged Burley Flake is like burley ambrosia.
Another good burley is Blend 00 from Uhle's in Wisconsin -- just straight burley ribbon, but it's very smooth, leathery and barn yard-ish.
I personally don't like the MacBaren burleys -- they're OK, and smell great, but I always get a candle-wax taste from them.
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match from Altadis is pretty good for a simple, lightly sweetened burley.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Some of my favorites are: Cornell & Diehl Pegasus, McBaren London Burley Blend, Carter Hall, 4Noggins Bald Headed Teacher, H&H LJ Heart Burley, 4Noggins Down By The River, Solani Aged Burley Flake.

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
I'd have to second Down by the River by 4noggins. In my limited experience with burleys, I would say that is my favorite one.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
C&D's Big and Burley or any other of their Burley Flake series; I'm smoking #1 now but #4 is my fave of the bunch.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
+1 on the Solani Aged Burley Flake 656. One of my favorite smokes. I hear great things about P&C's Burley Cake which is part of their Hearth and Home line. I've got some on order, hope it's as good as it's been reviewed.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
+1 for Carter Hall. Also, I tend to find that burley often shine in MM cob, so you might want to pick up a few if you don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.