PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgranholm

Lurker
Jul 8, 2019
One of the online retailers I can buy from carries the Vincenzo brand of pipe tobacco, but they have little to no info on them. A couple say "blended to be similar to Peterson *** blend", and the rest have no description at all. I contacted the retailer, but they didn't have any more info on them either, and said it could take a long time to get descriptions from the manufacturer.
There are 6 blends on tobaccoreviews.com, but this place has 9 blends for sale. Makes it hard to decide if I want to try something without any info on it, and the names aren't helpful at all.
I have a tin of the Vincenzo Green, which is supposed to be blended similar to Peterson's Irish Oak/Cask, and am really enjoying it.
If you have any info on them, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks

P

pipebuddy

I have tried to fetch some infos on them as well but was unable to. Tobacco Reviews lists Distribution G.V.A. as the manufacturer but it is not possible as this company is an importer & distributor.

I think the logical manufacturer is STG (Scandinavian Tobacco Group) which owns the Old Port Company that was previously Canadian owned and manufactured (Montréal). As Colts pipe tobacco and cigars are now made by STG, I would assume, as Vincenzo seems to be a brand available only in Canada, that they are behind these blends.

As for blends descriptions, Tobacco reviews is the only source I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.