PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I have seen a couple of rustic holders made from driftwood and other found wood. So, I was just out with my little dog and found a choke cherry tree root. One whack with the cutoff saw and this resulted. I think it will work. Cleanup, sanding and sealing and it should be good to go.
35794984061_3cefcd873f_z_d.jpg

35794985811_2d28167d11_z_d.jpg

Got more ideas, let's see them please.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I haven't made one yet but I've been thinking of using 1.5 inch wide strips of leather with rivets to make an oval loop as a pipe rest.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
nevadablue got yourself a Carey Magic Inch there buddy! Not bad smokers...

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks! I am on the hunt for more nice pieces of wood for more of them.
Weez, isn't that a pretty pipe? My first 'inch' and another came today. I also have a cool wooden slide top box for it. The one in the pic is like new. I did buy a bunch of the air filters, but after seeing them, it looks like a little strip of coffee filter paper would work fine. I must clean that one in the pic and try it out.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I tried this awhile back. I've since opted for a collection if commercially made racks, but I'm still looking for better solutions. Pipe rack in a jar, using pipe cleaners.

jarpiperack-600x450.jpg

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
The Careys are great smokers. I used to have over 100, and my collection is down to 7 silver anniversary series pipes and a few more unique older ones. I've seen people use deer antler parts a pipe holders. Here in Nebraska there are enough deer hit annually enters are easy to get..BTW, you can buy those Carey Filters in bulk or on eBay cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.