PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainebear

Lurker
Jul 4, 2018
I am looking for a large pipe both in length(preferably 6" or more) and bowl diameter and height. I don't care for the look of the churchwarden style.

I'm looking for a bent stem pipe. Bowl style isn't really a concern, just looking for a large bowl so when you've got it in your hand, you know you have something.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MB

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Take a look at a Savinelli 316 EX pipe. The bowl is huge, it's over 6 inches and has a bent stem. Comes in a variety of finishes and price points.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
The Savinelli Gigantes line is pretty cool. My personal recommendation would be a Randy Wiley Oak. He does not designate any of them as XL pipes but you can see the 2 1/2-3" bowl depths on most pictures online. I ran into those when I was looking for a larger pipe myself.
Good luck!

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Just ordered a Savinelli: Tundra Rusticated (315 EX) Looks like a stunning pipe.
I have a Savinelli Hercules Rusticated and I find myself gravitating more and more towards that big bowl as opposed to my standard sized pipes.
Also, I like a lot of different flake tobaccos. And they are easier to pack and burn well in the larger bowl.
It should arrive on Friday. Glad to have something to look forward to this weekend.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Any of the Savinelli EX bowls are fairly large. I have 3 of them, Roma’s I believe and they are fantastic. I smoke them daily.
I used to smoke 2 bowls of a KS size bowl first thing in the morning but I find the EX just right for 1 bowl now. Usually EMP.
Also, any of the Savinelli Hercules should be fairly substantial.

Jan 8, 2013
For bowl size and length, look at some Nording freehands. Most are quite substantial. If you want bigger, look at the Nording Oversized or Giant as they are sometimes called. If you want massive... see Bradley (he's a member here) :mrgreen: He'll point you in the right direction. Well, maybe, if he can see past the basketball sized briar in his teeth. :rofl:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I apologize all I could find was my smallest pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some series, like the Savinelli Hercules, are XL as standard. In other lines, just read the specs. You come across really big pipes in many brands -- Costello, some Nording, some Johs, and many others. I like like most pipes to be Group 4 mediums, but enjoy having some Group 1's and 2's, as well as some XL, KS, and other biggies, for those long slow smokes.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Take a look at Mark Tinsky's full bent. It fits the description of what you're looking for and comes in a variety of finishes and is priced according to your choice
http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Catalog-Shapes/Full-Bent.html

Status
Not open for further replies.