PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
This is what they said but want yo know what brands that offers them in the $150 - $200 range, picky SOB aren't I? Similar finish like and old mans pipe.
The pipe appears to be a Lumberman. It looks like it has an oval shank and a saddle bit. I couldn't find any information as to the maker as it has been on the masthead for a very long time. If you are looking for something similar besides a Lumberman some other shaped that are going to be similar would be a Billiard, Canadian, Lovat or Liverpool. They would all fall within the same family of shapes.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Or, if estates are an option... try the site sponsors or eBay. I've picked up 2 Canadians recently, a GBD and a Comoy's Everyman for around $30 a piece on eBay. With some patience and luck, good deals are out there, if you don't mind shining up a stem...
Link to Everyman - doesn't look like it even needs a shining...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a great rendition of the Lumberman, great big bowl and that swanky shaped shank. Good pick.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks!

It arrived today, minute I opened it I thought it looked like a Bradley bowl!

I could smoke it a long while & knock the snot out of an armadillo. (Used to love eating them, taste like pork!}

I like it. Get lucky every now & then.

Status
Not open for further replies.