PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctygart

Lurker
May 30, 2013
I recently spotted a Pickaxe pipe on eBay. I bid on it but I was out bid at the last moment. My problem if I haven't turned up many others. I'm looking for brands that make one. I'm kind of picky what I add to my collection so it will take some time to find one, short of having one commissioned. Any feed back anyone out there can give me would be appreciated!!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I think you can get a good pickaxe at a great price from several American Carvers. I've seen and sold several on eBay from folks like Rad Davis, Brian Ruthenberg, Jack Howell and Bruce Weaver. Many of the Danish carvers make that shape regularly, and probably one of the best price/taste ratio on those would be Lasse Skovgaard.
Pipestud

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
http://www.thepipeparlor.com/shop/tonni-nielsen-smooth-bent-paneled-pickaxe-8/
That tonni nielsen is sweet and not too bad of a price for a nicer tonni. That being said I don't own any pips that cost me anywhere near $400.
I have seen several Kevin Arthur pick axe style pipes on ebay lately (2 there now). I don't know what they will go for but his pipes new on his site are in the 300-500 range and I can't speak from personal experience of his work but he seems to be pretty well regarded.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That Tonni is a steal at 399.00. If I liked the shape I would be all over it.
Those Skoda pipes look nice. It is interesting to see that he has 20 odd pipes for sale on his site, I have never seen an artisan with that many for sale at once on their own site. Either he is making a lot of them or they are not selling. Anyone here own a Skoda?

Status
Not open for further replies.