PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/askwith/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=175569
Birthday present from my wife!
Quick question, this pipe has a very thick uneven coating inside. Looks like cake but more waxy than ashy.

Is this a signature breakin formula?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Yes, Chris has his own bowl coating and it does somewhat resemble uneven cake. That said, I find it to be near flavorless and think Chris' pipes break in as well as uncoated bowls. Congratulations on the pipe, my Askwiths are among my favorites.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I have noticed that pipe and had a great time looking at the Askwith website. Love the look of his olive pipes and his somewhat crazy stem colours.
Enjoy

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Happy Birthday. What a great present. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Thanks everyone!
I went with SG squadron leader w/perique. It just seemed right for an English pipe with a Cumberland stem. Now I need a Cumberland jacket and tie!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
That stem looks like some kind of oozy caterpillar. I'd be half expecting it to crawl up into the bowl and start nibbling on the leaf! Nice bowl though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just bought my first egg, a little bent Genod. That is a beautiful gift from your wife, really unique, a very dynamic design that looks like it's in motion. Some of my favorite pipes are gifts from my wife.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a real beauty and a great gift from wifey! Happy Birthday and enjoy that new pipe. :puffy:

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Great gift from a caring wife, bcharles. If you put a collection of stems similar to that one together, you will probably steel the title "most interesting man in the world " away from the dude that currently claims it :)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Congratulations first on a supportive wife and second on a very sharp looking pipe. I have yet to get an Askwith, but he is definately on my wish list.
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.