PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
A&E did not renew Longmire as the main audience was too elderly, well the outcry was huge, Netflix picked it up, just got thru episode 1 of Swason 4. Screw you :nana: A&E

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Just finished Season 4 last week. Most excellent season. There is reasonable hope it will get another few years on Netflix but as of right now, no final word on Season 5. Love that show.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good to know. My wife and I love that show and have been hoping it would be renewed. Thanks. :puffy:

Jan 8, 2013
I really like the show as well. Just finished season 4 a couple days ago. For those of you wondering what to watch until season 5 comes out, might I suggest Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck as New York police commissioner. Dang good show.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
You might enjoy Wallander? It's a Skandinavian crime drama, mystery series on Netflix. Same kind of slow, sort of dark but vey well done.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Longmire has been renewed for season 5. Announced on Facebook two days ago.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/103725/20151105/longmire-season-5-update-netflix-gives-in-to-fans-announces-renewal-via-facebook-post.htm

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Joined Netflix this year for the Longmire alone.
If you guys are readers, Craig Johnson wrote the book series and those novels are very, very good.
Thanks for the good news on Season Five, Jack.
Brad, I'm sure you've caught on that Longmire's Rez Constable Matthias is Hanzie on Season Two of Fargo? Man, I'm just glad that Zahn McClarnon is working at his craft. He's creeping me out in Fargo, though. Hanzie is a stone killer.
Fnord

Dec 24, 2012
I watched all of season 4 recently as well and thought it was fantastic. Great show. I hope it returns for season 5.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I'm watching season two. It's a very honest show.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I live in the area where the Longmire stories are set. As such, I find Longmire to be interesting as it is a Hollywood take on what life is like where I live. I do enjoy the plot and the characters, even if they are a bit cliche.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I have to say that I thought Season 4 tied up the loose ends from Season 3 too quickly, and too cleanly. Three seasons of build up and tension were flattened by a tsunami of off-screen plot jumps. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the show, but I wish they'd have invested more in those stories.
-- Pat

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I watched Longmire on A&E. Tried to get into Longmire season 4 but only watched the first 2 episodes. For some reason it just didn't hold my interest. Might be the killing off Branch thing or the underlying Indian mafia tone of the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.