PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I for one, did not care for the film, The Lone Ranger. More of a purist I suppose. I gave it two stars for costuming and the music, the rest was awful. Butch Cavendish was a bad outlaw, not an EVIL ZOMBIE who eats the heart of lawmen not to mention twelve or so other things I found irritating. You might be far better off spending your money elsewhere.
Hi Yo Silver, AWAY!

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Took the wife and daughter to the double feature at a drive inn. Red2 and Lone Ranger....we left about half way through Lone Ranger. Just did not seem like a fun film to us.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One reviewer remarked on how many parents walked out with their kids after the heart scene. No. Not for me.
Winton

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've watched many of the old TV episodes and listened to most of the existing radio run, so the new version doesn't interest me. The trailer was so uninviting and too much of a departure from the character as I envision it, that I declined to see it. I'm glad I had the same attitude about the Green Hornet. That movie sucked from all accounts.
I have to tell this story. Back in the 1990s, I knew a professional comic book artist who wanted to revive the Lone Ranger for comic books. His idea to update it was to have LR drive around in an 18 wheeler, and in it, he stored crime fighting equipment AND his horse Silver. His gun shot silver laser beams and not bullets. "Oh, it'll be a great series if I can sell them on the idea!" I didn't have the heart to tell him how dumb the idea was. I remember this comment, "I love the old series and want to bring it to a modern audience so people will see how great the character is." Oh, brother!!!

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Truth, justice and the American way. No longing for your brother's wife, no pedophilia, no explosions.
To all my Kemo Sabe's (faithful friends)...I wish you a magnificent stallion, all the silver bullets you can use and faithful friends.
Forgot to mention and embrace Law and Order and at the VERY least, smoke the peace pipe often!

Dec 24, 2012
I chose not to take the kids to it after reading some of the reviews. Why in God's name they would make a meandering and extremely violent 2 1/2 hour movie when they were clearly targeting families is beyond me.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I saw the movie. It was not good at all. My wife was so unimpressed she fell asleep. Snorefest

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
The only reason I saw the film was to see Johnny Depp. I'm a big fan of his, and would see anything he had a part in, even a small part. That said, he was great, but the film sucked. Too long, bad story line, and too violent.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I got in a very nice nap during the movie. The friends who invited my wife and I to this movie are apologizing still.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the movie industry is playing it safe with remakes and sequels. I would think they'd see the opportunity

in dealing with new subjects, and new heroes and anti-heros. If they want to do The Lone Ranger, they ought to

reissue a well-edited series of the old TV version, which is both dated but very good. Kids would be intrigued by

seeing what their parents saw, but through new eyes in a new time. The money in movie making has gotten so

extravagant that the best movies come out of independent efforts that have to compromise production values to

have some integrity. Though Johnny Depp had some support from tribal groups, I think the all-day war paint and

stuffed crow headgear is just more Depp glamour-rock costuming, as with his pirate character. He's always

interesting, but not so much here. Of course there were no acceptable Native American actors who could have

played the role and corrected the costuming. (I am being ironic, of course there are many.) People voted with

their movie money and stayed away.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Depp is a great actor but he is one of the main reasons the movie sucked. The movie is "The Lone Ranger". Is is not "The Heroic Indian Tonto and his Masked Sidekick". This is exactly how the last LR movie went in the tank. Some misguided Hollywood guilt complex over how we took America away from the Indians. Sorry boys, but Tonto is the sidekick. And as played by Jay Silverheels an incomparable sidekick.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Wow. I'm crestfallen...I've been wanting to see the new Lone Ranger movie ever since I first heard about its production a year ago. What a huge disappointment to hear that it's crap.
Guess I'll just save my cash and borrow the dvd from someone to see the crappiness for myself someday.
:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.