PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I stopped by a local B&M in Rochester that I have not visited before today, Havana House. Had the typical assortment of aromatic bulk blends and a few tins. I picked up a new CHACOM Robusto pipe that appears to have been sitting on the shelf for 75 dollars. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me and I could not resist.

Also, grabbed a pouch that I had never seen before MacBaren Golden Dice. It is an interesting blend that was thankfully stored in a walk in humidor for some time. After looking on Tobacco Reviews it looks like it was discontinued some time around 2009. Very, very mild smoke but very cool and slow burning.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Chacoms are excellent, if my two are any indication, and French pipes in general have high quality and a steep price break relative to comparable products from England or now Ireland. I like all my French pipes -- and that's a critical, not just an enthusiastic assessment. BC, Chacom, Chapuis-Comoy, Genod, Vuillard. Such good design and careful workmanship for about half or less than what you might pay for an English pipe. Good pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.