Lobbying Group for Pipe Tobacco/Smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I should ask Kevin of this directly, but I want to bring out into the forum: Is there a lobby for pipe smokers, to prevent tobacco prices from going up? If not, there certainly needs to be one, particularly since we are growing in numbers, and that will surely attract the attention of the greedy spenders in Washington and respective state Congresspersons.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I think the retailers have a lobbing entity. We don't have a group like Cigar Rights of America though. Those guys are well funded and organized because there are a lot more cigar smokers out there. Anyone wanted to start a lobbying group though - I'd be willing to help out.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
The pipe tobacco industry has a lobbyist in Paul Creasy (as heard on PM Radio) but as I've been saying for years the big trouble not coming from the government but but privately through your employer and their insurance provider. BTW I'm a member of CRA other than the RYO piggybacking on pipe tobacco we have a lot (pleasure v addiction) in common. 8O

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Pipe Tobacco Council represents the pipe tobacco industry to government and was very involved with the FDA prior to their releasing the deeming regulations.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
No, it's an industry organization, unlike CRA which is industry and consumers, but they're out there working on our behalf.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.