PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
While rooting around my modest collection I came across a L.L. Beene pipe I must have bought in the 1970's. I only remember buying the pipe and a pound of Beene blend. Its still a pretty good smoker, a Dr. Grabow I believe, as I'm sure I didn't pay much for it.

I took a couple of pics with my phone's camera but I'm not sure how to transfer them to this note. If I can figure it out I'll post them.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm working on it. To me its closest to the Grand Duke Grabow model. It is staped with LL Beene on the shank. It wasn't too much later that LL Beene exited the pipe buiness.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Go back up to the top and find the sticky about how to post up pictures on here.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it (isn't that easy to say)..lol

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
First, my apologies for spelling the name of this noble company incorrectly. My bad.

I had no idea that these pipes had a fan base. Too bad I have only one. Will try to get pictures up this afternoon.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
For those interested, here's a neat site for pipe ID'ing. There's a bent Bean pipe as an example. Page down the "L" listings and you'll see it.
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-l1.html

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Ive been thinking that I need an LL Bean pipe, and a Herters! I really like the old contract and coupon pipes. Does anyone know

who built Beans and Herters pipes?

Reactions: f4phantomdriver

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Ah! Briarcraft built Beans! Helps if I actually read huh? Couldnt find anything about Herters tho.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
I can see that! Grabow has produced truck loads of pipes for other labels! Those Amphora Xtras? Even those are Grabows.

Dr Grabow has probably done more to keep pipe smoking alive than most any other business out there.

changojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2010
i just found one in a antique store. got it for $5.00 bucks . its in the cleaning process now. as soon as its ready i will share pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.